Sausage, Tomato, White Bean and Corkscrew Pasta Toss
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Sugars: 8g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sodium: 365mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 links (6 ounces) low-fat Italian sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 (26-ounce) can diced tomatoes, juice included
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat fusilli pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add sausage and cook until browned, 5-6 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes with juices, beans, oregano, chili flakes, salt, and pepper and bring to a low boil.
- 4. Reduce heat and cook until liquid reduces slightly, 3-4 minutes.
- 5. Stir in pasta and heat through, 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish each bowl with 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/2 tablespoon parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note