- 1 (19-ounce) package Italian sausage
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) package farfalle pasta, cooked
How to Make It
Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Brown sausage, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain.
Stir in spaghetti sauce, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, vinegar. Cook, stirring often, until cream cheese melts and mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve over hot pasta.