Everyone loved it! Definitely making this again!
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Skinnytaste.com
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 quick marinara sauce
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon(s) oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) small onion diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper diced
- 14 ounce(s) lean italian chicken sausage removed from casing
- 1/2 cup(s) part skim shredded mozzarella
- 8 teaspoon(s) grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4" thick. Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside.
- Drop zucchini halves in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water.
- Place 1/4 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 12" baking dish, and place zucchini halves cut side up.
- In a large saute pan, brown sausage, breaking up as it cooks into smaller pieces until browned; set aside. Heat oil and add onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook on a medium-low heat for about 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add chopped zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook about 2-3 minutes. Combine with sausage and cook a few more minutes.
- Using a spoon, fill each hollowed zucchini with 1/3 cup cooked sausage, pressing firmly. Top each with 2 tablespoons each of sauce, 1 tablespoon each of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon each of parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cinderangel17 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Skinnytaste.com Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes