Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10-oz.) box plain couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage links
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 (20-oz.) package bite-size dried plums
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare couscous according to package directions. Keep warm.
- 2. Heat pecans in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted. Remove from skillet.
- 3. Remove casing from sausage, and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 4. Heat skillet or wok at medium-high heat 1 minute. Add sausage, and stir-fry 7 to 8 minutes or until done and no longer pink.
- 5. Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic to skillet, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add plums and apples, and stir-fry 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Stir together chicken broth and next 5 ingredients until cornstarch is dissolved. Add to sausage mixture, and bring to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over couscous. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes