Simple, great recipe, very flavorful. Make sure you use the spicy Italian sausage (turkey or pork). I usually use left over brown rice I've cooked previously, but also good with the Uncle Ben's pouch variety. Quick and very tasty! I serve with a green salad. You get lots of greens that way :) My husband loves this!!
Sausage-Spinach Rice Bowl
Photo: José Picayo
Serve with Garlicky Asparagus.
Yield: Serves 3 (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 610mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- Garlicky Asparagus
- 1. Heat rice according to directions.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sausage and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add spinach; cook 30 seconds or until spinach begins to wilt, tossing constantly. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute or until heated. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note