i think this has potential. i have recently developed a distaste for italian turkey sausage. not sure why. just one of those things. so, might try with jimmy dean or even chicken. added baby bellas too. used regular brown rice.
Sausage-Spinach Rice Bowl
This quick and easy sausage and spinach rice bowl recipe is a one-dish meal that can be ready in 10 minutes flat.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 610mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- Garlicky Asparagus
- 1. Heat rice according to directions.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sausage and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add spinach; cook 30 seconds or until spinach begins to wilt, tossing constantly. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute or until heated. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note