- 8 ounces ground Italian sausage*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach, torn
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Brown sausage in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and sauté 2 minutes. Add spinach, and sauté 2 minutes or until wilted.
Stir in beans, and cook 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add butter, cheese, tomato, and 1 tablespoon parsley. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle each serving evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
*8 ounces Italian sausage, casings removed, may be substituted for ground Italian sausage.