Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage any casings removed
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic chopped
- 28 ounce(s) canned whole peeled tomatoes w/ liquid chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 pound(s) orzo
- 8 ounce(s) fresh spinach
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook & crumble sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly brown. Remove from skillet & drain, and place into a large pot. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, and tomatoes with their liquid, along with parsley, basil, and chicken broth. Cover, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir orzo pasta and spinach into the pot. Continue cooking soup 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by saralynnspicer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews