I really liked this recipe and will make it again! I used skim milk (that's all we have at the house) and Sister Schubert's sausage rolls and followed the recipe to the "T". My hubby and I went back for seconds!
Sausage Roll Casserole
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Bake: 55 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 5 large eggs*
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (18-oz.) package frozen sausage wrap rolls
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended.
- 2. Break apart sausage rolls; cut each roll crosswise into thirds, cutting across sausage.
- 3. Layer half of rolls in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat layers once. Pour egg mixture over rolls and cheese. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake casserole 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 1/4 cups egg substitute may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Sister Schubert's Sausage Wrap Rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note