Sausage and Rice-Stuffed Peppers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 129mg
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 4 small green bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces 50%-less-fat bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- . Cut tops off bell peppers; discard tops, seeds, and membranes. Place peppers, cut sides down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- . Cook sausage and onion in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble sausage. Add cooked rice, parsley, and next 6 ingredients.
- . Preheat oven to 350°.
- . Turn peppers over, and spoon about 1/2 cup sausage mixture into each pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
- . Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and rice mixture is thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes