Sausage and Rice-Stuffed Peppers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 129mg
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 4 small green bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces 50%-less-fat bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- . Cut tops off bell peppers; discard tops, seeds, and membranes. Place peppers, cut sides down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- . Cook sausage and onion in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble sausage. Add cooked rice, parsley, and next 6 ingredients.
- . Preheat oven to 350°.
- . Turn peppers over, and spoon about 1/2 cup sausage mixture into each pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
- . Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and rice mixture is thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This