- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) link sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1 (10-inch) Basic Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- calories 123
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 3.4 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 6.4 g
- carbohydrate 16.7 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 365 mg
- calcium 43 mg
How to Make It
Position an oven rack in lowest setting. Place a pizza stone on lowest rack.
Preheat oven to 500°. Preheat pizza stone 30 minutes before baking pizza.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper to pan; cook 10 seconds. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage, fennel, and onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble sausage. Stir in salt. Add tomato; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
Spread sausage mixture over Basic Pizza Dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Slide dough onto preheated pizza stone, using a spatula as a guide.
Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until crust is golden. Remove from pizza stone. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.