- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 baked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Crumble sausage in a medium skillet; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Add breadcrumbs, onion, catsup, mustard, eggs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt, stirring well.
Spread sausage mixture evenly in pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes. Cut into wedges, and serve hot or cold.
Note: Hot or mild sausage would complement this combination of ingredients.