This recipe is perfect for camping - packets of instant grits and pre-measured spices in a baggie made it really easy and it tasted great. I mixed in the leftover sausage, peppers and onion into scrambled eggs for breakfast in the morning.
Sausage and Peppers With Parmesan Cheese Grits
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (19-ounce) package sweet Italian sausage
- 3 red, yellow, or green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan Cheese Grits
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove sausage casings, and discard. Cook sausage and next 7 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve over Parmesan Cheese Grits; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes