The recipe is good, I added a variety of spices in addition to oregano, such as italian seasoning, garlic, parsley, corriandor, and cumin. Be careful though for 335 calories you only get one slice!
Sausage and Pepper Pizza
Using a premade crust helps this dish come together much quicker than making your own. You will need to thicken the sauce with tomato paste to keep the crust crisp. For pizzeria-caliber results, bake on a preheated pizza stone.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 335
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 756mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- 4 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 (16-ounce) cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 cup Basic Marinara
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remove casings from sausage. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage and bell peppers to pan; cook 6 minutes or until bell peppers are crisp-tender and sausage is browned, stirring frequently.
- Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Combine Basic Marinara and tomato paste, stirring with a whisk; spread evenly over crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with cheeses and oregano; top evenly with sausage mixture. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note