- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 2 (4-ounce) links turkey Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 375
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 12 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 24.6 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 4.9 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 967 mg
- calcium 280 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and green bell pepper strips, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Add crushed red pepper and diced tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Spread sausage mixture evenly over cut sides of bread, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place bread halves on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut each pizza in half.