This recipe is so easy and sooo yummy. I make it often and my whole family loves it.
Sausage, Pepper, and Mushroom Pizza
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Fresh ingredients shine atop a time-saving store-bought pizza crust. Sautéed broccoli rabe brings pleasant bitter notes to the meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 943mg
- Calcium: 451mg
- 1 (4-ounce) sweet Italian sausage link
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) prepared pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1/2 cup fat-free pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Remove casing from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, pepper, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Place crust on a large baking sheet. Spread pasta sauce evenly over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top evenly with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with basil. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes