- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 cups cooked, crumbled hot Italian sausage
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl, and set aside.
Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
Stir rigatoni, spinach, sausage, and next 3 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.