I've made these on several occasions and guests always love them. They're quick and easy to make.
Sausage Mushroom Caps
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- 24 medium-size button or cremini mushrooms (about 1 lb. total)
- 1/3 pound seasoned bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dried bread crumbs
- About 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 24 flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Preheat broiler. Rinse mushrooms. Scoop out stems with a small spoon and save for another use.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix sausage with bread crumbs. Mound sausage mixture in mushrooms, then place, filled side up, in a rimmed 10- by 15-in. baking pan.
- 3. Broil 6 to 7 in. from heat until sausage is well browned, about 5 minutes. Lift mushrooms onto a platter, brush with oil, and top with parsley leaves.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Use a spicy sausage if you want these little bites to have a kick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note