Per 100 lbs. of meat
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 28 ounce(s) Salt - regular
- 4 ounce(s) Black pepper - coarse
- 1 ounce(s) Sage
- 2 ounce(s) Red pepper flakes
- 8 ounce(s) Sugar
- 4 ounce(s) Garlic powder
- 4 ounce(s) Curing salt
- 12 ounce(s) Dry milk
- 100 pound(s) Ground meat (1/2 pork, 1/2 beef or venison)
- Mix all of the seasonings together. Mix the combined seasonings into the ground meat. Add water a small amount at a time until enough to allow the meat to be stuffed easily.
- Rinse enough casings to stuff the amount of meat prepared. Once the seasonings have been mixed well into the ground meat, stuff the casings to make approximately a 1 lb. link.
- Hang links on pole for smoking. Hang pole in smoker for at least 2 hrs. Best to stoke up smoke at night before bed and let smoke and dry throughout the night.
- Package once cured.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EllenMay and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note