Community Recipe from
- 28 ounce(s) Salt - regular
- 4 ounce(s) Black pepper - coarse
- 1 ounce(s) Sage
- 2 ounce(s) Red pepper flakes
- 8 ounce(s) Sugar
- 4 ounce(s) Garlic powder
- 4 ounce(s) Curing salt
- 12 ounce(s) Dry milk
- 100 pound(s) Ground meat (1/2 pork, 1/2 beef or venison)
- Mix all of the seasonings together. Mix the combined seasonings into the ground meat. Add water a small amount at a time until enough to allow the meat to be stuffed easily.
- Rinse enough casings to stuff the amount of meat prepared. Once the seasonings have been mixed well into the ground meat, stuff the casings to make approximately a 1 lb. link.
- Hang links on pole for smoking. Hang pole in smoker for at least 2 hrs. Best to stoke up smoke at night before bed and let smoke and dry throughout the night.
- Package once cured.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EllenMay and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes