Sausage Lentil Spinach Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 - 4 Carrots Chopped
- 3 stalk(s) celery with leaves Chopped
- 1 Onion Diced
- 0.5 bunch(es) Italian parsley Chopped
- 6 clove(s) Garlic Chopped
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes - 14.5 oz
- 32 ounce(s) Chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) Lentils
- 2 - 3 cup(s) Water
- 1.5 cup(s) Thick Salsa
- 1 package(s) Polish or other kind of sausage Cubed
- 1 package(s) Baby spinach - at least eight oz. Chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Sauté first 5 ingredients in olive oil. Add the remaining ingredients, minus the spinach and Parmesan. Simmer for a few hours on low. Best if made in morning and allowed to sit and soak in flavors. fire it up at supper time and when hot Stir in chopped spinach, allow to wilt. Dish in bowls and top with the cheese. Serve with a hot loaf of hearty whole wheat bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by QuimbyWilson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note