Mine turned out watery and the flavors weren't that concentrated even after 6 hours in the slow cooker. Perhaps eliminating the cup of water next time?
Round out this meal with a small green salad and a slice of toasted French baguette.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup jambalaya and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 27.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 404mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Stir in shrimp; cover and cook on LOW for 10 minutes or just until shrimp are done. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- Quick Tip: To cut down on prep time, purchase prechopped onion and celery that you'll find in most grocers' produce departments. They are real timesavers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes