This was really good ! I'll bet it would be a hit with kids. It's easy to make -- tastes like pizza bread. I recommend it for busy moms.
Sausage Italian Bread Pizza
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 pound mild or hot Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pizza or pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1-lb.) loaf semolina bread (about 14
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Remove and discard casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Push meat to outer edges of pan; add 1 Tbsp. oil. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Remove from heat; stir in pizza sauce and next 3 ingredients.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise using a serrated knife, and scoop out center of each bread half, leaving a 1/2" border; discard scooped-out bread or reserve for making breadcrumbs.
- Spread 1/3 cup ricotta down center of each bread half. Top each evenly with sausage mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle pizzas evenly with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Place pizzas on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizzas are thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This