should the herb quantity read as tbs . I think 2 cups of herbs will be too strong. especially rosemary.
Sausage and Herb Mini Biscuits
Yield: 3 dozen (serving size: 2 biscuits)
Cost per Serving: $.36
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 336mg
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, rosemary or chives, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Warm a skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook, breaking it into small pieces and stirring until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse sand. Gently stir in sausage, milk and herbs.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a floured countertop; roll into a large, 1/2-inch-thick circle. Use a 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter to form biscuits. Gather scraps into a ball, roll and cut again.
- 4. Place 12 biscuits on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers