should the herb quantity read as tbs . I think 2 cups of herbs will be too strong. especially rosemary.
Sausage and Herb Mini Biscuits
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: 3 dozen (serving size: 2 biscuits)
Cost per Serving: $.36
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 336mg
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, rosemary or chives, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Warm a skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook, breaking it into small pieces and stirring until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse sand. Gently stir in sausage, milk and herbs.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a floured countertop; roll into a large, 1/2-inch-thick circle. Use a 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter to form biscuits. Gather scraps into a ball, roll and cut again.
- 4. Place 12 biscuits on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note