This is a good basic starter recipe for sausage and hash brown casserole. I took the advice of other reviewers and made a few changes; I added 1 med. onion and 1 red bell pepper. I also increased the cheddar to 2 cups of sharp and decreased the eggs to 5 and the milk to 1 2/3 cup and the hash browns to a 16 oz pkg. I will certainly make this again.
Sausage-Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Martin
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Prepare hash browns according to package directions, using 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, and cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch