This was very tasty. It was quick to make and the flavors were nice together. It worked well with the arugula salad.
Sausage, Fennel, and Ricotta Pizza
Dollops of ricotta cheese top crispy Sausage, Fennel, and Ricotta Pizza. Use a preheated pizza stone or baking sheet to ensure an extra-crisp crust.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 646mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 (4-ounce) link Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats). Let pizza dough stand at room temperature, covered, while oven preheats.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casing from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Add fennel bulb; cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Roll pizza dough into a 16-inch oval on a lightly floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Brush dough evenly with oil. Sprinkle sausage mixture evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Combine ricotta and garlic in a small bowl; top pizza with teaspoonfuls of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle red onion and remaining ingredients evenly over pizza. Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until golden. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes