This was very tasty. It was quick to make and the flavors were nice together. It worked well with the arugula salad.
Sausage, Fennel, and Ricotta Pizza
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Dollops of ricotta cheese top crispy Sausage, Fennel, and Ricotta Pizza. Use a preheated pizza stone or baking sheet to ensure an extra-crisp crust.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 646mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 (4-ounce) link Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats). Let pizza dough stand at room temperature, covered, while oven preheats.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casing from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Add fennel bulb; cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Roll pizza dough into a 16-inch oval on a lightly floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Brush dough evenly with oil. Sprinkle sausage mixture evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Combine ricotta and garlic in a small bowl; top pizza with teaspoonfuls of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle red onion and remaining ingredients evenly over pizza. Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until golden. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes