- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 7 ounces minced dried fruit (such as Sun-Maid Fruit Bits)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- calories 426
- fat 27 g
- satfat 9 g
- protein 9 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 38 mg
- sodium 749 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring broth to boil, add dried fruit and cranberries, turn off heat and let stand for 15 minutes. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, stirring and breaking it up into pieces until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Remove and place in a large bowl.
Lower heat to medium and melt butter. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring, until soft, about 6 minutes. Add to bowl with sausage. Drain fruit, reserving broth, and add to bowl. Add herbs, salt and pepper; mix. Add stuffing mix along with reserved broth; stir to combine.
Mist a 9-by-13-inch ovenproof dish with cooking spray and spoon in stuffing. Bake for 35 minutes, or until heated through. Put some stuffing into middle of roast; place remainder in serving bowl.