Sausage Falafel Balls
Notes: Serve with plain yogurt or tahini (sesame seed sauce) mixed with lemon juice to taste; thin with broth or water to dipping consistency. For an appetizer, dip balls in yogurt or tahini sauce; for a main dish, spoon the sauce over the hot meat.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 497mg
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- About 3/4 cup dried falafel mix
- 1. In a bowl, combine sausage, 1/2 cup falafel mix, and 1/2 cup water; mix well. Put remaining 1/4 cup falafel mix in a small bowl. Scoop meat (mixture is soft) into 1-tablespoon portions and drop into falafel mix; roll to coat. Place balls slightly apart on an oiled 10- by 15-inch pan.
- 2. Bake in a 500° oven for 5 minutes; turn balls (or shake pan) and continue to bake until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center (cut to test), about 5 minutes longer. Add salt to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per appetizer serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note