Sausage & Escarole Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 lb sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head escarole, trimmed, chopped and rinsed
- 48 ounces light chicken broth
- 1 can Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1. Heat a large pot (not nonstick). Crumble in sausage. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes, until browned, breaking apart large pieces. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and carrots. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes and escarole. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to retain simmer and cook 20 minutes. Return sausage to pot along with drained beans. Heat through. Serve spinkled with Par. cheese, if desired
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolafallon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage & Escarole Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews