Sausage-Egg Soft Tacos
We used a heat-resistant spatula in preparing the eggs. A turning spatula will work too.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 seeded and chopped jalapeño pepper
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-Jack cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package cooked, drained, and crumbled ground pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded colby-Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes evenly over egg mixture; draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds.
- Cook until eggs are thickened but still moist. (Do not stir constantly.) Remove from heat. Stir in chopped jalapeño pepper before serving.
- Sprinkle tortillas evenly with 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-Jack cheese. Top one half of each tortilla evenly with scrambled eggs and sausage. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup shredded colby-Jack cheese. Fold tortillas over filling. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- Note: To lighten, substitute 2 cups egg substitute for eggs and 3 ounces light cream cheese for 3 ounces regular cream cheese. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note