Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1/6 of casserole)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 723mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 (1-inch) slices French bread, cubed
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound reduced-fat turkey and pork ground sausage
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bread cubes in a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook sausage over medium heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle sausage over bread cubes. Combine egg substitute and remaining ingredients; stir well. Pour egg mixture over sausage. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until set. Serve immediately.
- Tip: This hearty casserole is great for a brunch menu. Serve it with Zippy Garlic-Cheese Grits, Fresh Fruit Salad, and Spicy Tomato Sippers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch