I really liked this one. We like to eat breakfast for dinner alot, so thats when I served this. I actually like the radish relish. I think it would have been too mushy otherwise, so the radish gave the burrito some crunch. I did use turkey sausage instead of pork, and I used 8oz instead.
Sausage and Egg Burrito
Serve with a salad of fresh spinach, sliced red onion, and cubed cantaloupe.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 20.1g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 285mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 645mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces reduced-fat pork sausage
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic pinto beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sausage to pan; cook 3 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in eggs; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook to desired consistency, stirring to scramble. Remove from heat.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Divide beans evenly among tortillas, spreading to a thin layer, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Divide egg mixture evenly among tortillas; top with radish mixture and chile slices. Roll up each burrito jelly-roll fashion. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon green onions over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note