Really good and great for a quick dinner.
Sausage and Egg Burrito
Use two beaten large eggs in place of the egg substitute, if desired.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 burrito, 2 tablespoons salsa, and 2 tablespoons sour cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 915mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons bottled salsa, divided
- 2 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add red bell pepper, onion, and sausage; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble sausage. Add egg substitute; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in reduced-fat cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa. Cover mixture and let stand 2 minutes.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon half of egg mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note