- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pk Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage link, chopped
- 1 cup small onion, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)
How to Make It
Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan. In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stir in onion and chopped sausage, and cook 4-5 minutes, browning slightly. Add the couscous, apricots and raisins and stir until well coated. Pour in the boiling chicken stock, remove from heat, cover and let stand for about 15 minutes.
In another heavy skillet, fry the whole sausages for 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat until well browned. Set aside.
Stir the pistachios, lemon juice and mint into the couscous and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the couscous onto a serving platter and arrange the browned sausages on top.