Sausage-Apple Cornbread Dressing
More From Southern Living
4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package ground pork sausage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 (14-oz.) package herb stuffing
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Combine sausage and next 10 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Pour cornbread mixture into a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Dot with butter. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until set and thoroughly cooked.
- Note: We tested with Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing. Two (6-oz.) packages of Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix, prepared according to package directions, yields 5 cups crumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables