This recipe goes with Roast Turkey With Sausage-Cornbread Dressing
Yield: 9 cups (enough for a 12-pound turkey)
- 2 cups cold water
- 6 cups cornbread crumbs
- 6 slices bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Place reserved giblets in saucepan with water; cover, and simmer 1 to 2 hours or until giblets are tender. Remove from broth, reserving 1 cup broth. Chop giblets; set aside.
- Combine cornbread and bread cubes in a large mixing bowl; add water, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add sausage, celery, and onion. Sauté 3 minutes. Cover, and cook an additional 30 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender; stir frequently. Remove from heat; stir into bread mixture. Add reserved giblet broth and giblets, mixing well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads