Sausage-Corn Bread Dressing
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 143
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 501mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 (7.5-ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 2 medium)
- 1 3/4 cups chopped celery (about 5 stalks)
- 3 cups white bread cubes, toasted
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Prepare muffin mix according to package directions for corn bread, using fat-free milk. Let cool; crumble and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium heat until hot. Add sausage, onion, and celery; cook until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring until sausage crumbles. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine corn bread, bread cubes, sage, and pepper in a large bowl; stir in sausage mixture. Add chicken broth and egg substitute, stirring well. Spoon mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until browned. Serve warm.
- Tip: Look for packages of corn muffin mix (such as Martha White) that are prepared with only milk or water.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles