- 12 ounces French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage links (such as Jennie-O), casings removed
- 1 cup whole roasted chestnuts, quartered
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- calories 212
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 9 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 353 mg
- calcium 46 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange bread in a single layer on a large jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crisp and toasted. Remove pan from oven; cool bread cubes.
Increase oven temperature to 375°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add sausage; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is done, stirring to crumble. Stir in chestnuts. Remove pan from heat; cool slightly.
Combine stock, 1/4 cup parsley, thyme, pepper, salt, and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add bread to stock mixture; toss to combine. Let stand 5 minutes or until bread absorbs most of liquid, stirring occasionally. Stir in sausage mixture. Spoon dressing into a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Remove pan from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.