SO good! I made no changes. The cheese soup mixture made the muffins really moist (now I need to figure out how to incorporate that same moistness into my sweeter muffins). They are very hearty, perfect for early winter mornings. I filled my regular sized muffin tins to the rim and was still able to get 20 muffins. We ate 12 of them Sunday morning. I put the rest of the batter in the fridge and made them Monday morning for everyone before heading off to school/work. Great, easy recipe!
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 (1-lb.) package ground pork sausage
- 3 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can condensed cheese soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and cool.
- 2. Combine sausage, baking mix, and shredded cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 3. Stir together soup and 3/4 cup water; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling to top of cups.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This