- 1 pound hot bulk pork sausage
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make It
Combine sausage, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet; cook until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble meat. Drain well. Add tomatoes, macaroni, and sugar, stirring until well blended. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese, and serve immediately.