Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 sausages (beef or pork)
- 1 pound(s) potatoes
- 1/2 pound(s) carrots
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 fennel bulb (?) (subsititute celery?)
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Italian Herbs
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 4 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut each potato in four pieces.
- Peel one large or two smaller onions and cut them in wedges.
- Remove the base and stalks of the fennel, and turn that one into wedges as well. Looks so fresh green.
- Red is good. Red is really good. Slice 1/2 to 1 bell pepper in strips.
- Place everything in a big METAL roasting tray.
- Use a big bowl to combine the oil with the Italian herbs, grated or chopped garlic, and chicken broth.
- Pour this witches’ brew all over your veggies and toss them around a bit.
- Season with a generous amount of salt (kosher salt would be great) and cracked black pepper.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and pop it in a preheated oven. Bake at 450F (225C) for 45 minutes.
- That gives you plenty time to brown the sausages. No need to cook them all the way through, just lightly brown them.
- Slice each sausage in half. I’ve used half pork/ half beef sausages btw. You can also use Italian sausage or any type of flavored sausage.
- After 45 minutes the potatoes and vegetables should be fork tender. If they’re not, cover the tray with the foil and pop them back in the oven for a few more minutes. If they are fork tender, place the sausages in there and pour the balsamic vinegar all over. Place the tray back in the oven, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Take it out after 15 minutes, flip over those sausages and ladle some of the juices lurking at the bottom all over the vegetables and sausages. Put it back in the oven for the remaining time, until everything is nice and brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes