- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 pound hot bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 (12-ounce) containers Standard oysters, drained
- 2 cups minced fresh parsley, divided
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
Brown sausage in a Dutch oven, stirring to crumble. Add onion and celery; sauté until vegetables are tender. Drain off pan drippings.
Stir in reserved rice, oysters, and 1 cup parsley. Pour mixture into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle remaining 1 cup parsley over mixture, and bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot.