Pillsbury Grands! NOVEMBER 2009
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Drain; return sausage to skillet. Stir flour into sausage. Over medium heat, gradually add milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Stir in salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. In small bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, parsley flakes, garlic salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
3. In another 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in potatoes. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and almost fork-tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter into potatoes. Pour egg mixture over potatoes; cook, folding potatoes into egg mixture, just until firm and moist. Remove from heat; set aside.
4. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; place each biscuit in ungreased 2 3/4x1 1/4-inch muffin cup. Firmly press dough in bottom and up side of each cup, forming 1/2-inch rim. Spoon potato mixture evenly into dough-lined cups. Spoon sausage mixture evenly over potato mixture (cups will be very full).
5. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until edges of biscuits are deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. If desired, garnish each with fresh parsley.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 780mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g); Protein 8g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Go to Full Version of