This was easy to prepare and beautiful coming out of the oven; it really held its shape when it was sliced. The French bread dough was crunchy and chewy, and it's hard to beat the spicy, gooey combination of hot sausage and cheese.
Refrigerated dough is the secret to whipping up this quick and easy bread recipe that's filled with hearty sausage and gooey cheese.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (1-lb.) package ground hot pork sausage
- 1 (11-oz.) can refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove from pan; drain well, pressing between paper towels.
- 2. Unroll dough into a rectangular shape on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with sausage and cheese. Beginning with 1 long side, roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Turn, seam side down, on baking sheet, and pinch ends to secure filling inside. Cut 3 (1/4-inch-deep) slits across top of dough with a sharp paring knife.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads