- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3.65 ounces white rice flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1.4 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.4 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.7 ounces potato starch (about 1/3 cup)
- 0.9 ounce flaxseed meal (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces turkey Italian sausage (1 link)
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- calories 309
- fat 11.8 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 15 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 564 mg
- calcium 19 mg
How to Make It
Dissolve sugar and yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, and flaxseed meal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato starch, flaxseed meal, xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add yeast mixture, oil, egg whites, and egg; beat at low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
Spoon dough onto an 11 x 7-inch baking sheet coated with cooking spray and lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; press dough into an 11 x 12-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until bottom is crisp. Cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
Remove casings from sausage. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Spread marinara over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with sausage, cheese, and olives. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crust is golden.