Great upgrade to the usual biscuits and gravy. I made it to take for our Sunday School class and got rave reviews. I did omit the cheese since my husband doesn't care for it and it was still delicious!
Sausage, Biscuit, and Gravy Bake
Start the day off with this easy, hearty Sausage, Biscuit, and Gravy Bake that will feed the whole family. Buttery biscuits layered with sausage, cheese, and green onions make for a savory and delicious breakfast.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 refrigerated jumbo biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook sausage in canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crumbly and no longer pink; remove from skillet, and drain. Melt butter in skillet; whisk in flour. Whisk constantly 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly; cook 2 minutes. Stir in sausage. Grease an 11- x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray; place dish on a baking sheet. Split biscuits in half lengthwise; place 8 halves in baking dish. Top with half of sausage mixture and 1/4 cup chopped green onions. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese. Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note