- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 5 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (3.5-ounce) links sweet Italian turkey sausage
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups prepared fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Millina's Finest)
- 6 (7 x 3 1/2-inch) no-boil lasagna noodles (such as Vigo)
- 6 ounces block-style fat-free cream cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 357
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 13 g
- satfat 4.6 g
- monofat 4.5 g
- polyfat 3.4 g
- protein 26.5 g
- carbohydrate 34.5 g
- fiber 4.8 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 743 mg
- calcium 275 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper; cover and cook 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper; sauté 10 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat. Stir in onion mixture and salt. Reserve half for Italian Sausage Sandwiches.
Cook sausage links according to package directions. Reserve 4 links for Sandwiches. Chop remaining 4 links.
Spread 3/4 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 noodles over pasta sauce. Sprinkle half of the cream cheese over the noodles; top with 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1 cup onion-pepper mixture, and half of the chopped sausage. Repeat layers, ending with sausage. Top with remaining lasagna noodles; spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
Cover dish with foil, tenting to prevent foil from touching top layer. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.