I have made this a lot and its very good. One time I left out the spinach, beans and cream cheese and added Alfredo sauce and made fettuccine alfreado out of it. It was awesome!
Sausage, Bean, and Spinach Dip
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1-lb.) package hot ground pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Serve with: Corn chip scoops, red bell pepper strips, pretzel rods
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook diced onion and next 2 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- 2. Add cream cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Gently stir in beans. Pour mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with corn chip scoops, bell pepper strips, and pretzel rods.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note