This dip was fantastic. Everyone loved it. I only used 4 oz cream cheese and that was fine for me. Next time I would decrease the amount of sausage and increase the veggies, but that's just my preference. I recommend making this!
Sausage, Bean, and Spinach Dip
Make the ultimate spinach dip by adding ground sausage, pinto beans, cream cheese,and Parmesan. It's almost hearty enough to be a main dish.
More From Southern Living
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1-lb.) package hot ground pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Serve with: Corn chip scoops, red bell pepper strips, pretzel rods
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook diced onion and next 2 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- 2. Add cream cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Gently stir in beans. Pour mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with corn chip scoops, bell pepper strips, and pretzel rods.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note