Sausage, Bean and Kale Ragout
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) Italian style turkey sausage
- 4 shallots
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 2 bag(s) chopped kale
- 1 can(s) cannellini beans (15 oz) drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) pinto beans (15 oz) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 can(s) Italian plum tomatoes drained and cut into fourths
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- salt & black pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese
- Wash kale and remove the tough stems. In a large pot, cover kale with water and cook for 10 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Cook the sausage in the oven first by baking it at 350* for 15 minutes then putting it under the broiler for about 5 minutes each side so that it browns. Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the shallots in olive oil until lightly brown and then add the garlic and continue the saute for 2 - 3 more minutes. Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock adding more if needed.
- Add the kale, sausage, beans, tomatoes and crushed red pepper to the pan and heat through but don't over cook. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Randi's Recipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage, Bean and Kale Ragout Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes