- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper stir-fry (such as Birds Eye)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- calories 145
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 4 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 1.2 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 9.9 g
- carbohydrate 17.9 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 493 mg
- calcium 53 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat.
While sausage cooks, place stir-fry and 2 cups water in a blender; process until smooth. Add stir-fry puree, tomatoes, and barley to sausage in pan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.