Sausage balls with sweet and spicy ketchup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound Paula Deen Breakfast Sausage 3 cups Bisquick baking mix 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese1/8 teaspoon pepper (or more if desired)
- Sweet and Spicy Ketchup Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper Pinch of cayenne pepper Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 2 Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly.
- 3 Form into 1-inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. To prevent sticking, move the sausage balls with a spatula halfway through cooking. When cool, remove them from the cookie sheet.
- 5 To make dipping sauce, combine all dipping sauce ingredients into a small sauce pan. Stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes until sugar dissolves. Serve warm or at room temperature. You can also make this ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready for it.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage balls with sweet and spicy ketchup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers