My family, friends and I love this recipe. I have been asked to bring it multiple times and it doesn't seem like New Year's Eve without them. We use Cheddar or "Casserole" cheese and Mild Breakfast sausage. I love to use the leftovers if there are any, for a quick breakfast. We also just use 2- 2 1/2 cups baking mix.
Freshly shredded cheese is a must for these sausage balls, which have become a traditional favorite during the holiday. The three-ingredient recipe is the perfect finger food for Christmas morning when children are too excited to sit down for breakfast, but they're also a great choice for breakfast and brunch any time of the year.
- 3 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 1 (10-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, pressing mixture together with hands. Shape into 3/4-inch balls, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400º for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Freeze uncooked Sausage Balls, if desired. Bake frozen balls at 400º for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note